The two iconographers from Thessaloniki, Panagiotis and Demetrios Christodoulou, began the iconography 30 years ago, in a small workshop behind the church of Acheropiito in Makrigianni street, in the center of Thessaloniki.
Their source of talent led them to successfully occupy Byzantine iconography, such as small wooden icons and reliquaries, handmade wooden seals, as well as the iconography of churches.
Painting the walls of buildings traditionally dates back to antiquity. There were many techniques, the most prevalent being that of exterior or interior frescoes, which included themes of all kinds.
The iconographic house Christodoulou, analyzes the requirements of a project and ensures the perfect design, quality and speed of construction. It offers complete solutions with customized manufacturing cost to the customer's capabilities, whether the order refers to a whole church or sections of it.
Precision plan- We accurately identify the needs of the interested party.
- We capture the space by gathering as much audiovisual material as possible and measurements.
- We return to the workshop and discuss on all the details of the project.
- We make drafts in graphic, digital, digital 3D or solid form and inform the customer about the progress of the creative stage of the order.
- We draft proposals accompanied by a complete feasibility study, time study and costing of the project.
Painting- We start painting, following the designs that both parties decided on the final agreement.
- We ensure that the work dimensions comply with the dimensions of the space, where the iconography will be placed.
- During this process we perfect all those details that were vague until that time (decoration, hues, total unity of the work).
- We provide photo material of the process of our work (to any iconography coordinator that shows interest) so that even the most demanding iconography specialist can be satisfied, whether they are a member of the parish or not.
- We inform the client before our painting work is complete, so that they can prepare the venue for the placement of the iconographies.
- We pack and we send our works very carefully, in order to ensure that the customer will receive the work in perfect condition and it will be safely stored until placement.
Placement- Using seasonal and construction methods (acrylic media and rock and metal powders) we either paint directly on properly prepared walls, or indirectly, by placing canvases already painted in our workshop.
- In this way we ensure longevity and safety from future technical repair problems.
Selection of our works
WE BELIEVE IN LEARNING “ES AEI” WITH SPIRITUAL CULTIVATION
"The result of the iconographic work of the Christodoulou brothers, is really impressive and we invite the whole Greek community to visit our church to admire the icons"
“We’re not doing this just because we want the church to look nice or colorful, ιt’s about what we believe. Iconography is so crucial to the daily life of the Orthodox Christian.”